word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

8.28.2006

five states in one day!

man the east coast is here.

I am seriuosly thinking about going to law school at Northeastern. I definetely have the gpa, and I can probably get a good lsat score as well. Boston is a lot of fun. except for I spent six hours of airport hell at Logan yesterday. I thought I was going to have to spend the night in Atlanta, where airtran WAS NOT going to pay to put up anyone in a hotel because the reason i would have missed my connection was that the first flight was delayed due to weather and weather problems they are not repsonsible for, I guess.

And i had not showered or slept the night before. and i had not eaten all day, and the only thing they had in the terminal where I was was a little pizza shop. all the pizza had cheese and they wouldn't make you a personal pizza, and all the salads had meat in them. man this was not a good trip for salad. I had the worst salad I have ever had in downtown manhattan. what a bummer. speaking of downtown manhattan, do not try to go into city hall. they won't let you. and why had i not slept the night before? well, I was hooking up with a hot Dutch boy in morning side park all night long. after being drunk wearing flip flops on fifth avenue. well no, i was wearing china flats. and don't worry, I took the metro from the village to harlem. yeah, I stayed in the heart of harlem. I was the white girl when I walked out. which is why I went out in numbers. and drank a lot of beer. beer is expensive in harlem!!! i did lots of stuff in my short time in NYC. and i did not tell a certain ex I was there, of which I am pretty proud of myself. the coolest museum that I went to was most def the whitney! man that thing was cool. I managed to get lost in central park twice, and creeped out only once. I also went to the met, moma, downtown, chinatown, noho, the village, soho, little italy, etc. actually, i take that back, walking around downtown was the coolest thing that I did. I ran into a little hip hop festival for free in the city hall park, and happened to walk past a block that was blocked off ebcause they were in the middle of doing excavations of slaves that were buried in downtown two hundred years ago that they are in progress with and will be opening a visitor center/ musuem there soon. literally across the street from the courthouse! It was a cool unexpected surprise. and the pictures of what they were excavating looked pretty damn cool as well. man manhattan has a lot of history in it. it was also cool breaking into the subway stations and drinking screwdrivers from plastic bags on the subway. and when we were at times square we saw many a mice running around. It was three in the morning, so they were out and I was reminded of A Cricket in Times Square, where there was the mouse named harrison. that was one of my favorite childhood books. speaking of which, since my fucking iPod broke, I bought a book. what book, the new erica jong of course. she is AWESOME, and if you've never read fear of flying, please do!!!!! especially if you're a girl who feels bored in a relationship. the first time I read it I was a freshman in college and felt like I was married to manney and really wanted to break up. I read the book, loved it, and broke up with manney a month later. then we got back together until september of sophomore year. in any case, read the book. the only other book that has inspried to much emotion in me is Siddhartha. and I bought the new book, seducing the demon, from a local bookstore in nolita, and it is autographed. I guess I don't really care about that,.


I'll do a TOTH/WATF east coast edition later. for now, I have some lunch to make and Mark Trail to catch up on. speaking of which, the sunday boston globe costs 2.50. what a rip off, considering it sucks. the strib is better and cheaper. haha! we're so unpretentious.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car