word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

8.31.2006

TOTH and WOTF

So I have two editions to do.
This is the vacation version

TOTH

1) My Dad! I never thought I could say that, usually we get along so poorly, but this was the first time I've evern enjoyed him. a little bit. He was spending money when he was with me, which is rare. He got it his way once and we broke into the breakers. but, you know, it was closed and I had to see it up close, and there were still people walking about out there.

2) Public Transportation. Always friendly and reliable. In Boston, Providence and Manhattan. how nice, it makes traveling so much nicer. except for this one guy who hit on me. he was on the bus because he couldn't afford gas for his 69 camaro, even though me makes 100/hr as a webpage designer. he says

3) Traveling alone as a blonde girl. People are so damn nice to you! I can't believe it! And I never felt vulnerable. then again, I was always out with at least some one/ who did i get to see on the trip you ask, not many people, Sarina and her MIT gang, my dad, Vaso, Jan, Uval and others.

4) Roger Williams, the founder of Rhode Island. I did not know that it was founded in 1660-something, 1663 I think, as a state based on religious freedom and toleration. how fucking cool is that? I started to read part of the state charter, actually from 1663, but quickly had to abandon doing that. I like knowing that. even though he started a church there, and probably had slaves or something. speaking of slaves, as I was walking to downtown manhattan to see city hall (mini-o for me!), I walked past a fenced off block where they are doing excavations and preparing an african-slave-burial-pit history and display. I guess they just buried slaves in downtown manhattan way back in the day.

WOTF

1) my iPod. It broke between Providence adn New York. man that sucked. the last thing I listened to was Death Cab For Cutie - The Photo Album, then it was over

2) AirTran and Logan Airport. Man, so if I had not been early to the airport, I would have been on a flight from AirTran which would have made me miss my connection. good thing I got there, too, because like three flights that were supposed to have left early where all looking for seats on that plane. And AirTran was not going to put up anyone in a hotel in Boston or Atlanta since delays due to the rain are apparentely not their faut.

3) MOMA, sure it had some cool stuff, like Starry Nights and Les Demoiselles D'Avignon (proto, not cubist for all those who keep it real like that), etc, but it was not worth the price. And it was way tooooo crowded, and too pretentious. and when i tired to have a cell talk where there was no one, a guard yelled at me. I thought the Whitney was much better, which was only one dollar when I was there. sure the stuff isn't as famous, but to me it was much more interesting. maybe that's because it had a lot of my favorite genre, minamilism. except for the whole top floor. does edward hooper need his own floor? really now. My favorite piece at the Whitney was a pink flourescent light. or the box of rocks./ It was like, hah you pretentious fuck you can't stare at me and pretend to appreciate me any more than the average viewer. At MOMA my favorite piece, well, let me think about that. I liked the david judd a lot, and some of the early matisse shit. and the miro. This is twice now I have been severely disappointed in MOMA. last time i was there this shit was being renovated and we had to go the queens one. that sucked a lot, too.

4) The Providence Police. So I was sitting in Kennedy station waiting for my friend to pick me up so we could go eat dinner. and there was a group of people that were causing trouble. or not. it's so damn hard to tell with people sometimes. anywho, they handcuffed a girl to the railing outside. they being the police that were apparentely friends with the people. make no mistake, it was not a security or transit guard, but an actual police officer. but he did not have the keys to unlock her handcuffs, and they eventually had to get a bolt cutter to free her. Many came and went, then someone came with a bolt cutter. how embarassing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car