word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

5.06.2006

Big Changes

Yesterday was my last day of classes in my second-to-last semester EVER. Scary and good. While I am so sick of school, I like campus a lot, and academia. I like having somewhere that I run into my friends all the time, and is such a central location. Class sucked, but it ended with Madonna, as it should have. After class I went to Al's, then work then Tom and Bradon's concert.
That was great, but it led to an early celebracion del cinco de mayo. We went to stub and herbs for another show where I was never asked for an id and constantly had someone putting a beer in my hand. Then some drunk dancing and off to the houses of various persons. It was one of those really good days where it turned out to be sunny and warm, everyone was in a great mood because of NO SCHOOL. and it was just a group of friends who ended the night drinking and singing around a bonfire. how perfect.

Tomorrow is my favorite day of the whole year, THE MAY DAY PARADE AND FESTIVAL! I've been going every year for god knows how long, only missing a few times dut to illness, pissed-off-13-itis and being abroad. It is just so colorful and happy, even when sad. It will begin with a get-together of my mother's friends and their kids. NO more kids may-day where we do crafts, but still the maypole song and dance and decoration as well as a game of DUCK, DUCK, MAY DUCK. possibly a recreation of the myth of persephone, too. sometimes but not always. Then parade, singing and dancing, sun across the lake, tree-of-life raising, etc.

So, If you're looking for something hippie, fun and outdoors tomorrow, you should come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car