word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

8.31.2006

ernesto.

Get real. the news stations are trying so hard to get us excited about this. as if i even care. to prove it's almost a level one hurricane, CNN has pictures of people jogging in ponchos. Besides the ocean is so nice to be it. luckily I got to go in, on a nice beach in Newport, where only a few other people were. Too bad my dad was too much of a pussy to go all the way under which was way annoying.

or as if i give a shit about Jon Benet. it's like a mad parody or onion article coming alive, more care about her than valerie plame. oh man is this getting ridiculous.

Speaking of getting ridiculous, 9 Chickweed Lane has been completely ridiculous and great this week. by far it is my favorite comic! It's so clever, well written, well drawn, so feminime, and I love all the characters. especially edda

Speaking of which, did you know that XM radio is censored and has commercials. why would you pay for a music service if it has commercials? it was the most ridiculous thing. I had to listen on the fligths home because my iPod was broken, as I complained about earlier.

So let me tell you about al's breakfast. Never take anything that Doug says seriously, that's the fist rule that you have to learn when you work there. and he won't take you seriously. yet he will listen and faithfully follow every order that you yell to him. I used to think that it was overwhelming, but it really doesn't seem to be. I see how they split the orders, I have the back thing down. The back is tiny and old lookiing. there is no stainless steel, there is no microwave. just a burner, some fridges, a sink, some counters, etc. yet everything they have is so tight. Doung is a fun guy to work with, too. I like him as a boss. he understands that we don't need to work like racehorses. he lets us socialize, answer the phone, do the crossword, eat whatever we need, drink coffee all day long, etc. too bad we can't have a radio in the back, but i think that it would really interfere with the ordering process. in the long run.

people never seem to show up and they are desperate for substitutes. which has been nice for me considering that I am broke from my trip. and i have been making good tips because of it. and oh yeah, it's not that tiny back there. the dishwasher really sucks a lot, though, i have to say. i like the dinosaurs. I also like how completely non-threatening Doug is/ he is never inappropriate with his jokes or comments, yet he is. if you go to al's, I am sure you understand. I also like Jim, he's a good boss, too. he seems to like to keep to himself in the front. One thing I really like about Doug is that he will be the one to get down on his knees and fish something out from the stove, etc.

Everyone seems to have their ways, but I am slowly developing mine., Doug wants me to learn counter now. that will be intimidating. I have a hard time just shouting out when there are customers right then and there, but then again, it was my snotty and bold attitude as a customer that got me that job in the first place.

I want to go to law shool at northeastern. what do you think>

should I link to this blog on my notes in facebook? i know you people read my blog, I have the statistics to prove it. would more be interested, you think, if i put this up on facebook?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car