word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

5.09.2006

Change in Lifestyle

This weekend I went on a huge hippie binge, now I am recovering with a big emo binge.
My hippie binge included the following, an outdoor steel drum concert, an outdoor jam band concert, a bonfire with guitar and bonafide indians, brandon's band, Jesus Christ Superstar and MAY DAY!!!! Just as a note, May Day is my favorite day of the year.
This year there was no maypole. how sad, but now all I want to do is sing AIN'T GONNA STUDY WAR NO MORE! The parade was good, too. I especially liked the section about books in libraries. The war on libraries is so crazy, in this free country. Something about sitting in the sun, smokin and working on Sarah's dreads felt soooooo good.

So yesterday I began an emo kick. Let me start by saying I'm not really emo, and all my emo music are the biggies, like The Weakerthans or DCFC. I listened to a lot of Pedro The Lion and sang The Shins. Last night I had an urge to watch Garden State for some reason. I didn't really like it that much he first time I saw it, but now I loved it. I think the Shins made me want to watch it, since that band plays an important role in the movie. I loved it completely. The mise-en-scene was sooooooooo great. The best I've seen in a while. Zach Braff was also completely great.
My favorite line: We have to get the one hampster who can't figure out a stupid wheel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car