word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

7.14.2006

I am Gnossos

Class of 2007, I'm back in. what was i thinking graduating in December? I can afford to stay in school and i don't really want to face the real world quite yet.

this decision was influenced by two things, most importantly my efaan, which is awesome! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and Been Down So Long it Looks Like Up To Me by Richard Farina. not only do i love the free verse style of the novel and interesting snytax, I feel many parallels between the main character and myself. we both desire immunity and fear leaving our cocoons. I like having a safety net here at college, so why should i be so fast to graduate. I am in love with partying like he is. I like to think i am in greece like he does. i like to drink metaxa, eat goat cheese and smoke special pall malls. he goes too far for me of course. but i am real and he is a fictional character. I wanna stay in my apartment away from the monkey. the book speaks of the microcosm of college, and that's exactly what i don't want to lose. all i know is my mom's house and academia. i like it.
a lot. so plan for a may graduation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car