word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

5.15.2006

walking with a ghost

This weekend was crazy. a continuation from the last post.
THURSDAY NIGHT. last day of topography of athens (I got an A, btw). YEAH!!! then dinner thing at fred and brad's (as they call themselves). that was good. i meant to leave at 2030 or 2100, but drank a few (three) beers and realized it was 2230 and I had to go! I also found out I still have the MARWP (minnesota archaeological research of the western pelopnnese)
FRIDAY MORNING. my mom texts me at 930. I wake up. I freak out, wondering why my alarm didn't go off. It was still on and the time set on it was 6am. and the time it said it was was 921 am. so the ams matched up. weird. right. this means one of three things happened A) it didn't go off. This is my favorite possibility because I am guilt free! B) I slept through the alarm. the most likely possibility. I've never done it before, though and i had a hard time sleeping all night. C) it went off and I turned it off then on again. I don't like this possibility. maybe i did it accidently, but I've had the same alarm since high school. the even scarier possibilty is that I purposely turned it off. That scares me so much. it means that I care more about sleep than studying. that was my last day of class for the semester and I had planned on napping friday afternoon. so wtf? sometimes i do things to purposely lose or fuck up, but never for school. anywho, I was pissed. but couldn't blame the situation on anyone but myself or maybe an inanimate alarm clock. The final sucked. a lot. i was unprepared.
after the final Don had an attractive proposal of al's and an afternoon of Jews with horns, but I was able to say no! I didn't think i could, but I did.
I dedicated the afternoon to Kabbalah.
Then I came home, watched some AD with Liz and Hillary. napped.
FRIDAY NIGHT. hazy. not gonna lie.
I went to mexican night at dane's house. good food. good times. we had tacos and burritos. at one point someone switched tortilla chips to lime, and I hated it. couldn't stand the lime. it burned my tounge. after finally turning off the hockey (ewwwwww) we left the house. where, to the varsity. I was not excited about the varsity as it cost twelve bucks. 12 bucks! I tried to walk past security, freaked out. and when I asked for a bracelet, I was ided. and i'm only 20. so off to Stub and Herbs. free, and i could have beer and dance to hoofla. ON the walk back I had an umbrella (clearly not mine) and i ended up in Beirman field. I was soaking wet, but in my state didn't mind at all. tom was also with us, we must have picked him up at Stub and Herbs.
So here's the weird part. we broke over some train tracks and security to get into the field walking from dinkytown to como. but then instead of going over the next set of tracks, we went down to 15th. so our trip to beirman was clearly for enjoyment only, and not for shortcutting. luckily it was fun.
SATURDAY.
Sarah, Sari and I went to a women's cleansing ritual in Stillwater. OMG. this brought me back. I'll blog about it more later. for now, I'm done with work for the day. peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car