word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

6.04.2006

651 represent, represent!

So my relationship with St Paul is so strong right now. I was over there every day last week! my god. ever since high school when I came down to the cities, i would stay with my friends in st paul, and not minneapolis. or maybe minnetonka. that was when I was with the hamline crew. I was brought back when i hung out at an apartment right on the corner of taylor and snelling. some cute guy, tobi, had us over, and i was so brought back to the days when I would be at manney's, only one block away at hewitt, well further down i guess. literally this place was across from the football field. they must have gotten a new field since i was there last. years ago. on top of that I was in midway two other times this past week, once at the turf club to see clay and harley (i missed them) and then once I went over to don's. damn. it's like minneapolis is where the action is at, but st paul is where the cool people are at.. another strong possibility is that st paulies don't much leave their hometown. i was told that no one who lived in the apartment building, literally across snelling from hamline went there. that goes to show how dedicated to st paul st paulers are. the better question, is why do i have to distinguish between the two.
I also wanted to tell lynnea that i did once stay at that sketch ass motel, the midway, but i was too embarassed the way they were talking about it.
and i liked this guy.. and i think that this apartment is near where graham is living this summer so more time in st paul for me.

today in st paul i went to body worlds at the science museum of minnesota. it was pretty sweet. pretty way sweet, and long, too. my dogs were barking as we said. i went with the fam, mom sam max, martha and grandma. we were all exhausted and hungry. so we went to annie's/ of course it made sense to go to annie's, in dinkytown, when there's like twenty million cute places in downtown st paul that you could go to instead. fuck that shit. and i'm pretty full from annie's now. but back to the science museum. the exhibit was cool. i thought it wouldn't be that cool, that it would be like the sliced bodies that are at the field museum or something, but no. there were complete bodies in motions, cleverly arranged, seperate body parts, healthy next to diseased, etc. interesting. and everyone against it can such on it. so there you go.

i also gave my mother a bunch of cds when she was down here. just some i think she should have. she seemed so resistant to belle and sebastian - the ideal introduction to emo cd. it's so funny, she'll listen to electronic and hip hop to be cool, but would never listen to emo or alt rock to be cool. her whole generation it like that. they think they're progressive for listening to the fugees or kayne west, but would never listen to the truly innovative music. or maybe i'm wrong, but that following paragraph definetely applies to my mother. and i told her this. and she doesn't read this blog anyways. she knows about it and read it once, then confessed out of guilt., that's so cool. even though this is published online for all to see, she doesn't want me to feel limited in my writing, and thus choses to not read my blog! lucky me.. awesome mom. pretty much the coolest mom ever. she also got me an iPod speaker for my birthday. it's nice, but not great. it doesn't charge the iPod, so I have to have two outlets still and apple makes huge fucking adapters!!!

oh yeah, i'm kinda learning dos for my job...... dos, me. i don't even have windows down yet. all i can do is fake it. my job has gotten better and worse lately. i have more things to do. which is good, all that scanning was getting old, but also kinda scary. i mean I am involved in labeling finds for the publication for Pylos, one of the best known sites in Greece. famously known as the palace of nestor. if i slip up, it'll be bad for everyone. i think. luckily i'm a smart girl, and i know a lot about greece and art, but little about things like Dos, Dbase AutoCAD, GIS, etc......
and i was wrong, not everyone is going to be at fred's in greece for the summer, one grad student, susan, will also have an RAship at the MARWP lab. and she's one of the cool grad students. not one of those ones who seems to have forgotten that everyone is an undergrad before they are a grad student..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car