word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

6.22.2006

being a dumbass

i made quite the fool of myself in front of my incrediebly hot crush last night. I did the obvious tell how well i know como and then walk too far down the alley, i also told him how awesome my immune system is, and now i feel sick

the really bad thing i did was tell him that i want to make money in life so that I can dress well. that is completely true. then he asked if i had any morals, which i was shocked at. i didn't really feel like defending myself, so he probably thinks that I am a horrible person now. so what if i want to dress well, anyway. i can do lots of other things. and it's not like you need money to really do what you think is the right thing. the only person who could understand this is judy, my BFF. she wants to be a clothing designer, but hates how elitist it is and how poor people can't afford great clothes. I wish that there was some sort of clothing line that used domestic labor, or at least living-wage-workers, was totally adorable and affordable to jane doe. but i won't even try to do that, since i know that could never happen.

but that was a little side rant. and i don't ever feel like organizing these posts, it's my little rant anyway.

as you know, i've done a lot of politically and socially correct things. I founded an anti war student group at Brainerd High School, I was an active member of BACP, have done campaigning for the environment, fought mercury poisining, worked my ass off for six months straight to get kerry eleceted, did so much get out the vote stuff it's ridiculous. It's true that my days of activism are no longer what they used to be, but let me explain. when i got to college i was still sparked form my fame with SAW at BHS. so i became active with some groups. but it was so annoying. it was all these males talking about how great the walk out they led was. and sure, i mean you can be proud of it, but they were not coming up with new ideas or innovations, just doing the same shit over and over again.

not that participation in groups like that is the only kind of activism anyway. i always try to make the most socially responsible choices that I can, and yes I have morals.

2 Comments:

At 23.6.06, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're still welcome in portland anytime. I have an awesome futon/couch and an even awesomer bed.

also, check out this article about eco-friendly fashion design: http://www.wweek.com/editorial/3233/7680/

 
At 23.6.06, Blogger Amelia said...

i heart that you descirbed your bed as awesomer!

eric called me out for saying funner the other day

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car