word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

6.20.2006

KORAI

she cost me 100 dollars today. that damn Korai. If you're wondering, that's my car. while clearly the best of my cars, she ranks only number two on my car list. let me rank my cars for you in order of favoritism

1) Smokey. The 1987 subaru GL-10. This wsa my first car. and it was amazing. it was built in 1987, but tried to be all fancy. It had a digital speedometer and gasgage, only the speedometer worked. It also had a trip computer which gave you the temperature, time, alarm, your mileage, etc. It was a five speed, and who doesn't love driving a stick. It was a station wagon and could fit insane amounts of people in it. It also had a moon roof!! a moon roof, that was great. but my favorite part was that it said TURBO on the side and if you sped up quickly enough, a turbo light would come on! some downfalls, it had so much rust you could see the engine in parts, it couldn't be trusted to go very far, sometimes in the summer it would over heat and the only way to avoid that was to stop for a long time or turn the heat on. it also leaked oil, so while i never had to get a change, i had to refill it about once a week and know that i was contributing to pollution.
it's also the only car of mine that i've ever had sex in - it was junior year of high school during the day (usually) and what else were we going to do?
it is also the car that my brother had his first arrest in. the digital speedometer did make it hard to tell if the head lights were on or not since it was also illuminated. I saw sam driving without his lights on, and called his cell and told him. he only clicked it once, idiot, causing just the fog lights to go on. he got arrested and then found out there were other substances in the car.

2) Korai. the 1999 toyota corrola I currently drive. this car is completely dependable, just boring as hell. she starts every time, and has never broked down on me, which is nice. she's an automatic, which is boring, has no sun roof and the cd player sucks balls. but i can't really complain at all, she's mine, and she's great!

3) CarCar, the 1990 VW golf. This was my car for a long, long time. she sucked and broke down on me all the time. all the time. not to mention that she was tiny, hot, had no cd player, and was so rusted you could see the road below you when you drive. so you kinda risked death when you were a passenger in that car. if you didn't know that, i apologize. let me list some major breakdowns he had for me. senior year i was driving down to hamline to visit my ex, and the car kept "popping out of gear" I was worried, then it just wouldn't even go into fifth, then not fourth, etc. so i pulled over and he wouldn't even go into first. I realized there was something wrong and called AAA. it almost ruined my weekend, and my parents had to buy a new transmission for the car. then the next summer I took her to madison, where she again broke down almost completely, just after getting new tires and brakes. it was the mechanics fault, and we did get reimbursed, but again, i was a single, teenager driving, thank god for my parents supplying me with a cell phone and AAA card. of course she was also broken into and had many other minor break downs.
he has done some cool exploring, being a 1990 german car, he's small. I've taken him on some four wheeler trails, and he's come out with trees stuck in her fender. on that fourwheeler trail there was also a deer carcus, and it had to be driven over in both mine and andy's car. it was so horrible. because it was on a trail, reverse was not really an option, so twice i've heard the sound of a car driving over a deer carcus. not fun. the exploring was great. we found naked, shot up dolls, scary.
CarCar lives on, as Malcolm now. my dad took him back, and gave me the corolla. I can't complain. I don't know why, he can afford a new car for sure, but he thinks it's more noble, as part of his i-hate-the-middle-class thing. he feels good about. he's been with him for a few years and has gone from brainerd to california and back, brainerd to vermont and back, and is now with my dad in Providence. he's put thousands of dollars worth of work into the car, far more than it's value. and he has almost 200,000 miles. but that's ok by him. actually, he was at 185000 when I gave him up, so probably is actually at more than 200000

4) the 1985 honda civic. this car was only with me shortly, less than a month, so my memories are brief of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car