word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

5.15.2006

RX 4 PANTS

did come back. I have been meaning to blog forever. I even created a to do blog list for myself.
We'll finish up and complete the previous entry. In addition to giving me meaning and inspiration for my life and travels, the Coopers also turned me onto the BEST SALAD EVER. seriously. i love salads and eat them all the time, but this was the best I've ever had. there were small bits of basil in there, and they made all the difference. I'll have to start doing that. Also when we were there we were drinking some good czech beer and this kid asked for a corona. And he got it.
Back to friday. that was also the day that Sam moved out of pioneer. I am shocked that he made it a whole year without getting kicked out. I am so proud of him

So Saturday....... women's grounding ritual.
When I was in junior high and high school I was in this group called Circle Luna or hippie girlscouts as we also called ourselves. It was six mom-and-daughters. we would make a circle, call in the elements, directions, god and goddess, etc. and just do all sorts of cool pagan ritual shit. I loved it.
I thought this would be like that, and it was! but i was invited by a friend, Sarah, who I thought knew more people there than she really did. we were immediately made to feel awkward and uncomfortable. all we wanted to do was laugh and get the fuck out of there. but we brought food and a vegetarian potluck is too good to pass up! seriously. so this group was about fifteen chicks with the age range of 20-60. The house was amazing. on the river, about five acres, sweat lodge, organic vegetable farm, labyrinth, trail. etc. so anyway. the introductions were really when we got to see how everyone was. Here's my favorite: I'm princess Nina oka, I am queen of the dolphins. Some other choice quotes from the introduction: I see it's only white people here. my passion is conscience birthing. i am a dancer by calling and i'm lucky to know about this. i'm creating a 10,000 eco city north of san francisco. we were the get away car in a robbery, only we didn't know it at the time. man good shit.
so after the dinner, we booked it out of there! I actually wouldn't have minded staying, but I didn't know anyone else there except for Sarah and Sarina, and they wanted to leave. I mean, I also wanted to laugh at the whole thing, but I was also getting into it. I wouldn't go so far as to say "I can't believe they think they're changing the world." Sure they may or may not be. but is eating bread and drinking wine anymore crazy? no not really. I think tech school is taking the hippie out of sarina.

ROAD TRIP TO WISCONSIN!
we were across the river, so we had to go to wisconsin. duh!
we took the very first exit across the river. it brought us to dairy queen! I had a dilly bar. we also got cheese curds there. they were horrible! so salty and not cheesy.
we took a drive along the bay and admired the beauty. GET THIS. the next day I'm reading the travel section looking for cheap flights, and I see PICTURES that I recognize. They were writing on Hudson and how great it is. The next day theyprofiled hudson. They also talked about how on sunday you can buy alcohol there. It mentioned the very store we were at getting pbr. yuck. we tried to drink it and watch jesus christ superstar, but instead we just did sculpey and ate the mythical brownies. Hah, I used mythical.

yesterday I just did sodoku, grocery store, complete cleaning and reangement of my bedroom and drew's grad party. and sleeping in!

On Wednesday I figured out where I am going to live in August. I will live at 21st and como with sarah and emily. We have the bottom unit of a duplex. I've never lived in a duplex, but I think it will be fine. I lived in an apartment once, it was totally fine. and i get to stay in the neighborhood. just move three blocks. and be close to my friends. and live with only two other girls and a cat! a cat that's not my responsibility, just mine to love! I'm going to live with another sarah! and she's also a deadhead. For the first eightteen years of my life, it was my mother sarah the dead head. Then sara b, then my mom again, then sara again, then no sara, then mom, and now no sarah. Until August 1! So I think it means something, all these sarahs. I KNOW it means something that I keep hanging out with hippies. damn, I am just a hippie. I have to repeatedly admit that on this blog! but it's true. the universe is calling me. maybe I should do what that old lady and roll with it! Maybe i'm just to hippied out from may day and saturday,too. another possibility.....

p.s. the title of this post. Saturday I was driving to North Country to get supplies for our vegetarian pot luck contribution. I see this Davanni's car next to me. The license plate said RX 4 PANTS. I just kept thinking to myself "prescription for pants!" then I realized it couldn't say that. It said RX 4 PRTS. then I realized that also didn't make sense. Then I realized it didn't say RX 4 at all, i only wanted it to. then the light turned and we dove our separate ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car