word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

2.15.2007

Valentine's day

Sorry that I have not posted for a while!

So one thing that I have really been thinking about are the acts of these mega church assholes, like haggard or the brooklyn park guy. It's so scary that people blindly follow these hypocritical, lying weasels and not their messages, or the Bible.
So Ted Haggard is straight, how good for him. I'm sure you all know about him
In case you're not a Minneapolis resident oe Star Tribune reader, read this to find out what I am talking about. So this pastor, Mac Hammond, did some sketchy stuff with the IRS and bought a yacht and shit. That's fine, but what really irked me was his justification of designer suits. His justification was that he feels better in nice suits, and preaches better, so he's really doing it for the congregation. I shit you not, he said "So really I'm doing it for you." The sad part is that people believe him and said amen after this. What a scary abuse of power based on Christianity. As you know I find the idea of God and Christ laughable, but have always appreciated christianity because of its message of compassion and redemption, but then i find this shit.

anyway, what else is new. I am about to house sit out on Cedar lake in a house with a jacuzzi and steam room. and awesome living area.

we lost at scrabble on tuesday

i had three plansfor valentine's day and broke them all! how fucking lame.

i'm making good money at al's and bought a 320 coat for 85 last night.

I'm switching to a diva cup.

I need to go home and see my mom, she keeps telling me that!

I'm going to my first monster truck rally on saturday. I have never been to one, and don't particularly want to go to this, but will because it's important to my cousin and I'll get to spend quality time with people that I love. It's also at the metrodome, and I'll go there for any reason before they tear it down. After all, I am paying for it because i live in goddamn hennepin county.

I got a new car, kinda, too. My daddy has my car in San Deigo, where he got a new job as a travel nurse for the next nine months. long story but he bought a new hyundai, but thought it was a sketchy deal, so drove my 99 corolla to providence to pack up, and then to san deigo. he managed to crash it, put over 5000 miles on it, and get two tickets! he loves it, and says he's in no hurry to trade back. So mom now has the hyundai and I have her old, 96 Jetta. I love the jetts for three reasons, it has a moonroof, it's a stick shift and it's purple! My mom was in love with that car, me not so much, but i do think it's pretty pimp. Like my new hair cut!

I have also begun LSAT preparation. I can't decide where I want to go to law school. Part of me wants to be a hippie, tree hugger lawyer and go to school on the west coast, like washington or oregon. part of me wants to do economic law at boston university. god damn, why can't i figure it out.

Also, I just interviewed for a position at st paul schools, and it almost killed me!!!!! I literally had no idea what to do with the math section; I don't know what a regression line is, and have no idea how to figure out the volume of a cylinder. I haven't done math since high school, and boy did it show.

so now off for lunch and another job interview. peace out.
sorry for the limited, lame posts lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car