word

There's no such thing as an appropriate joke

10.15.2006

the wild, wild west

So everyday I cross the Mississippi River. Well five or seven days of the week. Or like this week, seven days in a row!
Usually it is by bike, but sometimes by foot ir bus.
Anywho I cross the river because all of my classes and my office are on the west bank. So to add a little excitement to going to work or class in the morning, I pretend to be entering the west. I am, after all entering the west. Unless you count the Missouri river as the west. Anywho, it's really pretty cool that everyday I get to accomplish this amazing feat! I mean, it was only two hundred years ago that we bought land west of the mississippi. And, I may be wrong about this, but I think it was only 200 years ago that Lewis and Clark made their infamous voyage west!

AND I CROSS THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER EVERYDAY IN ABOUT NINETY SECONDS.

today it was the lowest I have ever seen it.

I actually saw some sandbar next to the support for the Washington ave. bridge.

going back to the east isn't at cool, but it usually means that I am done with work or school and I get to see a Frank Gehry that overlooks the river.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Download Web Counters
Enterprise Rent A Car